If y'all follow along on instagram, you know I have a green smoothie every morning... my day doesn't feel complete without it. Seriously though.
I try to get to the gym first thing in, with just Collagen Peptides in my system (via my morning coffee) & then have a green smoothie as soon as I get home! I get so many nutrients into my system through my smoothie, it fills me up & gives me so much necessary, healthy energy.
I want to break down all the benefits of this smoothie for y'all since you all are constantly asking me. You will find the recipes I am loving at the bottom, too.
Amazing Grass Green Superfood
This is a green superfood powder. OBSESSSED. LOVE IT. Really though, think of every good thing you can say about something, and I feel that way towards this product. It makes me feel GOOD. It is full of SO many necessary vitamins, minerals, enzymes & probiotics- alongside your daily dose of nutritious whole greens.
Healthy is sexy y'all. Your body will thank you for this one. My immune system is loving me. My digestive system is loving me, too.
The "Original" Green Superfood is full of organic, non-GMO wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa, spirulina, spinach, chlorella and broccoli. (YES YES YES TO ALL THAT)
I've been using the Lemon Lime energy for the past year which is packed full of nutritious greens and 85 mg of clean plant based energy. Coming from Yerba Mate & Matcha- it gives me that next boost of energy to continue my day. (& helps me not sit my ass on the couch like I want to do post workout)
Recently I started adventuring out into the other flavors & I haven't found one I don't love. (The watermelon energy was 🙌🏼 & todays antioxidant sweet berry is making me real happy too) It all comes down to what your missing in your diet/what you're looking to add.
My favorite are the little travel packs because then I can try all the flavors before committing to one.. can you tell I have commitment issues yet?
MORE natural energy! The benefits are bee pollen are endless y'all...
- High in Amino Acids (Contains all 8 Essentials Amino Acids and 2 Non-Essentials Amino Acids)
- High in Vitamins & Minerals (13 essential vitamins and 10 minerals)
- High in protein
- Promotes healthy skin, hair & nail growth
- Provides long lasting and health promoting natural energy
- Anti aging benefits
- Appetite suppressent
- Fights allergies
Make sure you buy a reputable, refrigerated brand! Try Whole Foods or a natural health store! If you have allergies, try to find a local organic bee pollen. I use this one.
Plant based superfood! Flaxseed is the most beneficial as a sprouted ground flaxseed. This makes it the easiest for your body to absorb all its nutrients:
- Excellent source of Anti Inflammatory Omega 3- Fatty Acids
- High source of fiber (improves digestion & supports digestion health)
- High in antioxidant substances called lignans that help promote hormonal balance
- Promotes clear skin & healthy hair
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces sugar cravings
Another amazing plant based superfood!
- HIGH in fiber, improves digestion
- Curbs & suppresses appetite- Chia Seeds absorb a large amount of water, expanding in your stomach helping you feel fuller, longer
- Boosts your energy & metabolism
- Enhances excercise performance
- Known to fight heart disease
Raw Hemp Hearts
A complete protein in the form of a plant based superfood. These incredibly nutritious seeds (technically nuts) are rich in healthy fats, various minerals & contain more digestible protein than meet, eggs, cheese & fish.
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves your immune system
- The 17+ grams of omega fats supplied by Hemp Seeds provides sufficient, continuous energy throughout your day
- Exceptionally high source of fatty acids, omega-3 & omega-6
- Great source of Vitamin E and minerals (Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium, Sulfur, Calcium, Iron and Zinc)
Y'all need to get on board the spirulina train! The benefits of this amazing superfood are mind blowing! No seriously, there is more protein per once of spirulina than there is in any animal product!
Not only that:
- Detoxes heavy metals from your body
- Boosts energy (I'm clearly all about energy boosters!!)
- Helps fights sugar cravings
- Known to help fight cancer (increases the production of antibodies & other cells that improve immunity)
- Helps with anxiety, PMS, blood pressure + cholesterol
*Heads up, Spirulina doesn't smell or taste the greatest. But the benefits out way the bad here! Blueberries, pineapples or any strong fruit helps cut the taste! ALSO they say once you have something 7 times, you start to like it! I love my Spirulina smoothies!*
(The Amazing Grass Green Superfood DOES contain spirulina- but I had more to reap the benefits!)
TIP: I am all about making my life easier!
Spooning out scoops of these superfoods every morning is just TOO MUCH. It takes way too long to make your morning smoothie (time that I just don't have!) by doing each superfood individually, UNLESS you work smarter not harder here.
In a glass Tupperware I spoon equal tablespoons of all the above (bee pollen, chia, flax & hemp hearts) & store it in the fridge! Then I add 2-3 tablespoons of that mixture into my smoothie of choice!
SHOP THE BRANDS I USE:
R E C I P E S
Tart Green Energizer
- 4 oz Organic Orange Juice
- 4 oz Water
- 1 Scoop Amazing Grass "Energy" Green Superfood
- Large Handful of Spinach
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Berries (Strawberries, Blackberries or Blueberries)
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Bee Pollen, Flaxseed, Chia Seed & Raw Hemp Hearts Mixture
- Add Ice & Blend
- 4 oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 4 oz Water
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Spirulina Powder
- Large handful of spinach
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons Superfood Mixture (Flax, Chia, Hemp & Bee Pollen)
- Add ice & blend
I hope you all find this helpful! Feel free to email me or comment below if you have any questions!!